-1/2" ambrosia maple (or wood of your choosing)
1. Using a 1/4" bit at engraving depth with 0.05" offset cut along the outline of the rice scoop.
2. Using on tool design make a pocket at 1/8" depth where you want the bowl of the scoop to be.
3. Using on tool design make a pocket at 1/4" depth to continue to shape the scoop.
4. Repeat step 3 increasing the depth by 1/8" each pass until you have the basic shape you want for the scoop.
5. Cut along the outside of the rice scoop at 0.05" offset at depths 1/4" and 1/2".
6. Cut along the outside of the rice scoop at 0 offset at depth 1/2".
7. Sand your heart out to smooth the scoop shape to your liking.
8. Sand the rest of the scoop and finish with a food-safe finish.